10 Safari for Mac (macOS) Hotkeys You Might Not Know. If you want to be more productive using the Safari for Mac browser, then we suggest that you familiarize yourself with a dozen keyboard shortcuts that will increase the speed of surfing the web. It will be especially useful to know these key combinations in the absence of a mouse.
Switch between Safari tabs
- To quickly switch between tabs open in Safari, just hold down the key combination ⇧Shift + ⌘Cmd and switch using the left and right arrows.
- Using the combination Control + Tab you can switch between tabs sequentially forward, and Control + ⇧
Quick close tabs
- Everything is simple here – press the key combination ⌘Cmd + W and the active tab displayed on the display will immediately close.
Opening the last closed tab
- Sometimes it happens that you accidentally close an important tab. To quickly return it and not resort to the services of the browsing history, just press the combination ⌘Cmd + Z and the last closed tab will appear.
Forward and Back button
- If you want to quickly open the previous page (go back) – press the key combination ⌘Cmd + [. To move forward, use the keys ⌘Cmd + ].
- In order not to scroll on the mouse or move up and down with two fingers on the trackpad, just hold down the ⌥Option (Alt) button and press the up or down arrows.
- Pressing the Spacebar will scroll the page down by a screen size, while holding down ⇧Shift and the spacebar at the same time (⇧Shift + Spacebar) will scroll up by a screen size.
Move to the beginning/end of the page
- If you want to quickly jump to the top or bottom of a page, hold down the ⌘Cmd key and press the up or down arrows.
Hide/unhide the panel with favorite tabs
- If at some point you need to hide the Favorites tab bar (for example, if you don’t have enough workspace on your MacBook compact display), then press the keyboard shortcut ⌘Cmd + ⇧Shift + B.
Opening a new private window
- Using the combination ⌘Cmd + ⇧Shift + N, you can quickly open a new window in incognito mode (private window).
- The quick opening of the side menu is activated by pressing the keyboard shortcut ⌘Cmd + ⇧Shift + L.
Entering/editing an address
- To instantly move the cursor to the address entry line, press ⌘Cmd + L.
- Of course, these are not all possible keyboard shortcuts in Safari for Mac. If you use other options in everyday life, then be sure to write about them in the comments.