Apple updates Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for Mac: support for iPad apps arrives. Mac versions update to keep up with what’s new on iPad.
After the launch of Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for iPad, Apple has chosen to update its professional apps for Mac to improve their integration with iPad apps and provide new features to users.
In detail, here are the news of the two main software and of the minor software supplied.
Final Cut Pro 10.6.6: Support for Final Cut Pro for iPad projects, automatic color management for editing HDR and SDR clips in the same project, new collection of titles, effects and transitions, and integrates a new mask tool to remove and replace backgrounds behind subjects without using a green screen.
Final Cut complete changelog:
- Import projects from Final Cut Pro for iPad and take full advantage of the amazing performance, advanced color correction tools and more.
- Use automatic color management to easily edit HDR and SDR clips in the same project, with intelligent video color mapping that adapts to color space.
- Choose from a new collection of professionally designed titles, effects, transitions and generators to enhance the look of your videos.
- Enhance your color correction workflow with the “Color Adjustments” effect and apply new color presets to give your clips a particular look.
- Use “Scene Removal Mask” to remove and replace the background behind a subject without using a green screen.
Final Cut Pro also includes the following additional improvements and bug fixes:
- Use the new ProRes RAW settings window to easily access ProRes RAW ISO, color temperature, and exposure offset.
- Install an Apple ProRes RAW plugin from a camera manufacturer to view and adjust settings optimized for a specific sensor.
- Export in HEVC format up to 8K resolution with hardware acceleration on Macs with Apple chips.
- Fixed an issue where multi-camera clips could appear black.
- Export to EXR now includes an alpha channel.
- Fixed an issue where adding video clips from the Photos browser resulted in lower resolution files being placed in the timeline.
- Fixed an issue where Final Cut Pro could not read Sony FX9 clips with embedded LUTs.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Final Cut Pro from opening while an exFAT formatted SD card containing Canon clips was activated.
Logic Pro 10.7.8: Gets support for iPad projects, performance improvements and bug fixes
Here is the complete Logic Pro changelog:
- Added functionality for exchanging projects with Logic Pro for iPad.
- Includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
- Motion 5.6.4: the same innovations in terms of color processing and green screen filters seen in Final Cut Pro arrive
Compressor 4.6.4: video trimming improvements, extended copy and paste support
Finally, Apple also updates iMovie to version 10.3.6 with stability and performance improvements and classic bug fixes.