How do I use the Action button on Apple Watch Ultra in third-party apps? The Apple Watch Ultra is the first Apple smartwatch with an additional button in addition to the Digital Crown and the standard side button. By default, the Action button launches the Workouts app, but you can use it for other actions in third-party apps with built-in support. Here’s how to use the Action button on your Apple Watch Ultra in third-party apps.
Comparison of iPhone 14 Pro Max and iPhone 13 Pro Max cameras
Since developers of third-party applications must add support for the Action button themselves, so far it does not work in all applications.
How to use the Action button on Apple Watch Ultra in third-party apps
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch (or the Apple Watch app on iPhone).
- Scroll down and select the Action Button section.
- Make sure “Train or Dive” is selected at the top in the ACTION section.
- Now select “Workout” in the “Application” section.
- If you have third-party applications that support the Action button, they will appear in the list. Choose the right one.
- Now in the “First click” section, you can choose what action the Action button will be responsible for in a third-party application.
If your favorite application is not displayed in the settings of the Action button, then it does not yet support it. You can contact the app developer and ask them to add support.
Different third-party applications will have different Action button actions available.
So far, support for the Action button on the Apple Watch Ultra is not available in all third-party applications, but this will be fixed in the future.
Here are the standard actions already available for the Action button:
- Waypoint marking
- Backtrack launch