How easy is it to install iOS 16? After the announcement of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 at WWDC 2022, you can try new systems at work by taking on the burden of a beta tester. I want to start with a simple and eternal truth.
iOS 16 – the new functions at a glance
Never bet on your only and primary device.
Beta – it’s for that and beta that it can work unpredictably, so all the consequences after installation fall on you. Neither Apple support nor Apple service will solve the problems.
Enough horror, let’s move on to the installation, I’ll tell you on the example of iOS.
How to install the iOS beta?
- Download profile for installation from beta profiles via iPhone browser.
- Confirm the installation by evaluating all hazards. The profile will start loading.
- Go to “Settings”, there you will see a notification that the profile is loaded. Click on it and install.
- Reboot your phone.
- After the reboot, go to “Settings” and you will see an offer to download iOS 16.
- Download, restart the device again, use it.
Who can upgrade?
The list of supported devices is very large
- iPhone SE second and third generation,
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus,
- iPhone X,
- iPhone XR,
- iPhone XS and XS Max,
- iPhone 11,
- iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max,
- iPhone 12 and 12 mini,
- iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max,
- iPhone 13 and 13 mini,
- iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max.
- iPad Pro 9.7
- iPad Pro 10.5,
- iPad Pro 11 first generation and later
- iPad Pro 12.9 first generation and later
- iPad 5th generation and later
- iPad Air 3rd generation and later
- iPad mini fifth generation and later.