How to install the betas of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8, macOS 12 and tvOS 15 (without being a developer). With yesterday’s announcement of new Apple operating systems, the time has come for trial software. If you are one of the adventurers who live on the edge and like to install the latest software, read carefully. Because we are going to see how to install the betas of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8, macOS 12 and tvOS 15 without being a developer.
Of course, from Applesfera we want to make it clear that installing beta software is not advisable for the average user. The current betas are for developers, so they can adapt their own apps and report bugs in the systems. The public betas will be released next month, where any user can install them.
With this notice, we will use the ios15beta.com website to download everything we need without being a developer.
How to install iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 betas for developers
The iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 betas follow the same installation scheme. There are two methods to do it, being the profile and OTA the more comfortable of the two. For the OTA installation, we will download the profile of iOS 15 or iPadOS 14 on the iPhone or iPad that we want.
When downloading from Safari, a notice will appear that we already have the appropriate profile.
- Open Settings> Downloaded profile.
- We will click Install.
- We enter the lock code.
- Wemay have to restart the device.
- With the profile installed, we go to Settings> General> Software update.
- We download and install iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
To install the iOS 15 and iPadOS 14 betas from a Mac, we follow these steps:
- We download the IPSW file corresponding to our model on the computer.
- Weconnect the iPhone or iPad to the Mac by cable.
- We open the Finder and look for the device.
- While pressing the Option or Alt button, we click Restore the device.
- We will choose the IPSW file with the beta of iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.
- Ready, the process can take a long time, so plan well when you are going to do it.
How to install the watchOS 8 beta
The watchOS 8 beta can only be installed via OTA profile. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download the profile on your iPhone.
- Install it from the Watch app with an iPhone running iOS 15 beta.
- You will have to confirm several times and enter the lock code.
- It will download and install. Keep in mind that it takes 50% battery and be connected to the charger to complete it.
How to install the macOS 12 beta
With the naming change to macOS 12, Apple’s new desktop operating system takes a leap forward. For those who want to install the macOS 12 beta, they should follow these steps via profile only:
- On your Mac, download the macOS 12 profile.
- A pkg package with a .dmg file will be downloaded.
- Open it and double click. Follow the steps to have the profile installed on your system.
- You will have to enter your administrator password.
- Now, go to System Preferences> Software Update.
- Press like + R to force search for macOS 12 beta.
- Update and wait for the process to complete. It is quite long.
How to install the tvOS 15 beta
The tvOS 15 beta is the hardest of all. From my experience, the best way to do this is through the profile and not by connecting it to the Mac, because this last method gives an error. By following these steps you can have it without complications:
- Turn on your Apple TV.
- With the Remote, navigate to Settings> General> Privacy.
- Place the tvOS “pointer” over the “Share Apple TV analysis” menu without going there.
- Press the button on the Play / Pause control (press without holding down).
- A hidden menu will appear to add the tvOS 15 profile.
- Install it and go to Settings> System> Software update and update the system.