How to set a different home screen wallpaper than the lock screen on iPhone? Apple completely revamped the lock screen in iOS 16, allowing you to change the font and style of your watch, add widgets, live wallpapers, and live weather wallpapers. Therefore, it also changes the way you set the wallpaper for the home screen to be different from the wallpaper of the lock screen.
How do I use the Action button on Apple Watch Ultra in third-party apps?
When you create a lock screen, you’ll notice iOS 16 suggesting you use the same wallpaper for the home screen. Because Apple has applied a motion effect to some of their wallpapers when switching from the lock screen to the home screen if the wallpapers are the same.
However, you can still change the wallpaper for your home screen if you want, even if you accidentally selected the “Set as Wallpaper Pair” option when creating a new lock screen, but then you decide you want a different wallpaper for your home screen. Simply follow these steps:
- Unlock your iPhone with Face ID or Touch ID.
- Long press on the lock screen, swipe to the lock screen you want to change the wallpaper on, then tap the Customize button.
- Select Home Screen.
- Here you will find several options as follows:
– Pair: ie the main screen will have the same wallpaper as the lock screen.
– Color: choose a monochrome color for the main screen.
– Gradient: select the gradient color range for the main screen.
– Photos: choose another photo from your photo library.
– Blur: make your photo blurry.
- If you select a new image, you can swipe to preview the filters, pinch to crop the image, and tap the three-dot icon to apply the Depth Effects option.
- Tap Done in the upper right corner.
- Click Done again to save.
You can choose a different wallpaper between the home screen and the lock screen whenever you want: Just enter the lock screen customization mode by long-pressing the Customize button, then selecting Lock Screen or Home Screen.
Alternatively, you can edit the same thing in Settings – Wallpaper (Settings – Wallpaper).